It is a satellite wi-fi device which allows smartphones to be used as satellite phones and it was developed for multi-national corporations, explorers, NGOs, and world travel enthusiasts.
SatSleeve Hotspot which brought change and innovation to satellite communication is a smart device which provides satellite wi-fi hotspot function by mounting the smartphone on the universal adaptor. You can use phone call, SMS, and wi-fi functions by switching into satellite mode and you can switch the smartphone into w-fi mode even in regions disconnected from ground network or in disasters situations to exchange urgent voice calls and SMS.
It can be used anywhere in the world with Thuraya coverage which provides service to 2/3 of the world’s surface.
1. Phone call and SMS in satellite mode- You can use phone calls, SMS, and internet through satellite via wi-fi even in regions and circumstances where ground network functions are not possible when you switch the smartphone to satellite mode.
2. Email access- You can send/receive emails regardless of location.
3. Apps- You can use smartphone apps on the move.
4. Convenient use- You can connect to the smartphone through wi-fi to use all apps and functions of the smarthphone.
5. Compatibility with smartphone- The SatSleeve Hotspot App can be downloaded free of charge from the App Store or Google Play, and it supports 12 languages.
6. Emergency call function (SOS call)- You can press the SOS button in emergencies to contact a designated number even without an attached smartphone.
7. A world of choices- You can access the satellite network in Europe, Africa, Middle East, Australia, and all of Asia including Korea and Japan, and you can use the Thuraya SIM card or a GSM SIM card from a Thuraya roaming partner.
8. Stand- Combine with the included stand and then mount the SatSleve Hotspot to use on the move.
9. Built-in compressions- You can use 3 types of access points (APNs) consisting of high-compression, low-compression, non-compression to increase website access speed. You can select the appropriate APN depending on the GmPRS settings.
|Dimensions||Main unit including universal hotspot stand: 142 x 69 x 38 mm (h x w x d)|
|Connectivity||3.5 mm jack for headset|
|Micro USB for charging and upgrade|
|DC charging jack|
|Battery||3.7V Li-ion, 2440 mAh|
|Talk Time||Up to 3 hrs|
(*incoming calls and SOS function still available on main unit)
|Satellite Data speed||Download 60 kbps, Upload 15 kbps (GmPRS)|
|Power Supply||Output DC 5V / 2.0A (with EU/UK/CN/AUS adapters)|
|Operating temperature||-10 to +55℃|
|Storage temperature||-20 to +70℃|
|App languages||English, Arabic, Bahasa Indonesia, Chinese(simplified), French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish|