- Satellite Communication Sector
- Satellite Manufacture Sector
Thuraya X5-Touch is the world’s first Android based satellite & GSM phone offering unparalleled flexibility. It runs on the Android operating system and has a 5.2” full HD touchscreen for users who frequently move in and out of terrestrial coverage across a range of market sectors including government missions, energy projects, enterprise communications, and NGO deployments. It offers fast and simple connectivity on the move, in remote areas normally beyond the reach of smartphones.
- 1.Fully ruggedized
- - The Thuraya X5-Touch is the most rugged phone in the industry with IP67 standard and compliance with MIL 810 G/F. That means the phone is full dust and water protected and tested to withstand shock, vibration and extreme temperature.
- 2.Dual mode. Dual SIM
- - Communicate seamlessly in satellite and GSM mode: The Thuraya X5-Touch works over Thuraya’s L-band satellite network as well as GSM 2G/3G/4G/LTE networks. It comes equipped with two nano SIM card slots for complete flexibility and choice. Choose from a combination of both a Thuraya SIM card and a GSM SIM card, or any combination of SIM cards that meets your requirements.
- 3.SAT and GSM "Always On"
- - Make and receive calls simultaneously on both networks with the unique SAT and GSM “Always On” function. For a true dual experience, you can receive calls on your GSM number even when on an active satellite call and vice versa.
- 4.Advanced navigation capabilities
- - The phone comes equipped with GPS, BeiDou, and Glonass systems for the highest flexibility in all regions. Use the preinstalled navigation and tracking apps to send your current location details to pre-defined numbers via SMS or email, based on pre-set time intervals, distance travelled or when moving inside or outside your pre-set geofence.
- 5.Most powerful battery
- - Equipped with the most powerful battery in the industry, the X5-Touch has a talk-time of up to 11 hours and a standby time of up to 100 hours enabling reliable communications whenever you need it across an extended period of time.
- 6.Dedicated SOS button
- - The Thuraya X5-Touch has a dedicated SOS button, which is easy to use in times of distress. Even when the phone is switched off, simply press and hold the SOS button for 3 seconds, which starts the handset and triggers the SOS call (and/or SMS) to any pre-programmed number.
- 7.Make the most out of your camera
- - With the front and rear cameras take photos and videos anywhere. Enjoy state-of-the-art features like built-in flash, panorama mode, face detection and many more.
- 8.Expand your phone memory
- - With a dedicated Micro-SD slot, expand your phone memory up to 32GB and make sure you don’t run out of memory when you need it.
||Satellite: Thuraya L-Band satellite
||• GSM: 850, 900, 1800, 1900 MHz
• LTE: B1 (2100), B3 (1800), B5 (850), B7 (2600),
B8 (900), B20 (800), B40 (2300), B41 (2500)
• UMTS | HSPA: B1 (2100), B2 (1900), B5 (850),
||Satellite: 1 SAT SIM slot (nano-SIM)
||GSM: 1 GSM SIM slot (nano-SIM|
||Satellite: GmPRS: up to 60/15 Kbps (down/upload) Circuit switched: 9.6 Kbps
||LTE: up to 300/150 Mbps (download/upload)
|Satellite services||Calls, SMS, SMS to email, faxSatellite|
|Size (phone body)
||145 x 78 x 24 mm|
|Operating System||Android Nougat (7.1.2)|
|Processor||Qualcomm Snapdragon 625, 2 GHz octa-core|
|Battery||3800 mAh battery which provides up to 11 hours talk time and up to 100 hours standby time|
Satellite System (GNSS)
|GPS, BeiDou, Glonass
|Display||5.2” full HD LCD touchscreen (1920 x 1080) with Corning Gorilla® glass (capacitive display works also with gloves and in wet conditions)|
||• Water resistant, dust resistant (IP67)
• Complies with MIL-Standard 810 G/F (shock, vibration, extreme temperature)
|Camera||• Rear camera: 8MP with flash
• Front camera: 2M
|Memory||16 GB eMMC memory
2 GB RAM Expandable memory up to
32 GB via microSD (optional)
|External interfaces||USB-C connector for charging and data transmission, Earphones jackconnector (3.5mm), Antenna connector|
||Windows 10, 8/8.1, 7|
|Languages||16 languages supported:
English, Arabic, Bahasa Indonesia, Chinese (Simplified), Chinese (Traditional), Farsi, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish, Turkish, Urdu
|Supplementary phone services (in SAT and GSM mode)
||Conferencing, Call Waiting, Call Hold, Call Forwarding, Call Barring, Number Identification, Calling Line Identification Presentation, Calling Line Identification Restriction, Connected Line Identification Presentation, Connected Line Identification Restriction, Unstructured supplementary services data (USSD)
|Phone sensors||Gyroscope sensor, Accelerometer & Geomagnetic sensor, ALPS Ambient Light Photo sensor, Digital Pressure sensor|
||Bluetooth 4.1, A2DP, LE; NFC; FM radio; Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, Wi-Fi direct, Wi-Fi Hotspot|
|Audio||Multi-microphone active noise cancelling High-performance speakers incl. speakerphone